Monday, October 24, 2011

80's Halloween Night With Savory La Fontaine! Zebra Lounge, Monday Oct. 31, 9:30 - close

From the desk of Savory La Fontaine.

My dearest fans,

Dying on stage was the easy part. The come-back will be a bit trickier. My death by poisoning at last year's show will always be remembered by me as the most remarkable event of my life. 

As I lay, dead, across the keys of the grand piano, my body was, unfortunately, molested, and perturbed. But my spirit? It soared to another realm! I felt myself being lifted by cherubs through clouds of music and laughter. I was brought to a beautiful field where I saw a great, blinding light. I ran to the light with all my heart, but I tripped on my scarf and fell into His arms. Him! Freddie Mercury! He sang to me! "Savory... You're my best friend." I cried with great joy. 

With Freddie were John Lennon and Ronnie James Dio! Dio clawed out for me, but John grabbed me by the lapels, slapped me across the face, kissed me on my forehead, and told me he was my biggest fan. And then, he leaned over and whispered something in my ear that I shall never forget. And just like that, they were gone.

I awoke backstage to find my valet, Percy, performing sacred druidic rites on my naked body. I rose, wiped away the pure truffle oil, and dressed. I reveled for a moment in my experience, my death, my new life, and then headed for the stage door. Percy stopped me and suggested that I had just died a horrific death by poisoning, and that perhaps I should just "chill out a bit". But I knew that I had been given a second chance at fulfilling my purpose on earth. The reason for my very existence was beyond that stage door.

"Savory", John Lennon told me... 

"Your fans are waiting."

HALLOWEEN SHOW, Monday, Oct. 31, 2011.  Zebra Lounge, two shows, 9:30 and 11:30, arrive anytime. 80's music, bar-type seating. 

~ Savory La Fontaine.